Friday, October 24, 2008

28 Laws of Attraction

Danny, being in chiropractic school, has afforded us several opportunities to experience greatness. Every quarter the school lines up speakers that Danny hears as part of the curriculum. They have additional seminars called lifesource, and these are filled with amazing speakers as well. This weekend is homecoming, and it is more of the same, wonderful speakers. Knowing my passion Danny and I either go together or divide and conquer to experience as much of this powerful knowledge as possible. Thursday night I had the chance to hear Dr. Guy Reikeman. When I have the chance to hear these empowering speakers I can't take it in fast enough. I leave on a high and know that I can take on the world. Someday I will be standing on a stage and sharing the passion that I have for life with others. I only hope to do it as well as those that have inspired me, and to lead others to want to experience life.
Tonight Dr. Reikeman shared the 28 laws of attraction. I am not going to share all 28, you will have to find that on your own, I have picked several of my favorites to share. Danny also wanted me to add that when FIF gets to long he won't read it so he encourages a short post.

**While the ideas are from the speaker the words and thoughts are my own**

1. The people who attract abundance are selfish. Not in a negative way, but in focusing on learning and growing and becoming better so they can give more to others. How many times have you heard that a mother that isn't taking care of her own needs will struggle to meet all of her children's needs. You can't help others unless you are helping yourself.


2. Unhook from the future. The law of attraction works in the present. If you are spending all of your time focusing on what is to come, you will miss what has arrived. On Oprah a few years back there was a man who mentioned the habit of holding out for what is coming is like a disease. Along with having a misguided focus, you miss out on the goodness that is happening RIGHT NOW!


3. Become irresistibly attractive to yourself. Learn to love yourself. The more your love yourself the more attractive you become to others. I will never forget the day that I was thinking about love. I was thinking about why Danny would love me, and I had a life changing moment when my first thought was "why wouldn't he love me, I love me, and think that I am worth and deserve his love." If you had asked me if I loved myself before this I would have said yes, but I know that until that moment I wouldn't have meant it from my core. Now I know that I love myself all the way, and I think that I am deserving of the love I get from others.


A great life is attractive a great LIFESTYLE is seductive.


4. Eliminate delay, time is expensive. Wasting time is unattractive, are we wasting the moment. As Danny and I start making plans to finish school and start a practice this advice has become invaluable. I remember hearing my grandma say often, why put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.


5. Get your needs met, find your own happiness. It is the complainers in this life that are seeking for others to meet their needs. Until you realize that you and your needs are your responsibility you will drag others down as you wait for them to bring you up. If your needs are unmet you will attract other likes that. My mom always said misery loves company...


6. Tolerate nothing, how do you hold others, and yourself responsible for what is going on. I didn't truly learn this lesson until I worked at Discover Card. It is one of life's most important lessons, the ability to accept responsibility for the good AND the bad.


7. Show others how to please you, don't make them guess. Dr. Phil has always said you teach people how to treat you. If someone does something to you that you don't like, they won't stop doing it until you show them how you WANT to be treated.


8. Endorse your worst weakness, when you can accept your own weaknesses you can understand others better. See my FIF from last week empathy is empowering.


9. Sensitize yourself, the more you can feel the more you'll connect to others.


10. See perfection in the present, even when it's clearly not there. I LOVE THIS ONE!


11. Have a vision, when you can see what's coming you don't need to create a future.


12. Be more human, at the end of the day we are all human, and just want someone to connect with.




***Celebrate what is right with the world, don't wallow in what is wrong****


No comments: