Friday, May 16, 2008

Vinegar


Free Info Friday!
I remembered this song this morning as I was thinking about what enlightened piece of info to share with you this Friday. I learned it from Mrs. Cook in the third grade what a lovely little song. Onto the info! As you all can tell (or know) we have changed our lifestyle a bit and in an effort to become a little more "green" I started researching alternatives for cleaning. I found vinegar! Okay I didn't find it people all over have been using vinegar for the longest time to clean with, I just recently made the discovery. I must tell you I was a bit of a skeptic, but I gave it a try. People let me tell you what, even if I wasn't trying to be a little more "green" the results of cleaning my shower with vinegar has been AMAZING! I simply made a mixture of 50/50 white vinegar and water, put it in a spray bottle, sprayed the shower down, let soak for a minute wiped it down. It was so sparkly and white it made me want to clean the shower again (okay at least made me want to do it sooner than a month later). To have a little fun with it and make some bubbles the next time I made a paste of baking soda and water, slathered that onto the shower wall, then sprayed with the solution (vinegar and baking soda make such a nice fizzing sound together.) Even more sparkly this time. Having read that baking soda can be used to clean silver I thought I would give it a try. I have some tarnished silver that was almost black, I dumped a pile of baking soda into the sink was going to get it a little wet to make a paste but first just rubbed it into the silver, and wala tarnish gone, it rubbed right off. I feel a little "crunchy" handing out this au naturale cleaning advice, but I tell you what it is awesome! I found this awesome website that list all the things that you can do with white vinegar and baking soda, you've got to check it out, then try it and let me know what you think! Vinegar is for so much more than fish and chips!
I didn't know vinegar could do that! www.vinegartips.com

No comments: